A LIFE-CHANGING, INNOVATIVE PROGRAM OF WELLNESS AND PERSONAL TRANSFORMATION
PROFOUND PERSONAL CHANGE THROUGH FOCUS-DIRECTED WRITING™.
Five Foxes is an innovative and wholly unique wellness and recovery program designed to create radical personal change through highly-focused writing techniques developed by #1 bestselling memoirist Augusten Burroughs, and featuring all of the proven, individualized therapies Privé-Swiss is known for. This exclusive clinical/holistic program is focused on trauma/PTSD, burnout, depression, anxiety, creative blockage, grief, and other mental health concerns. Clients will leave Five Foxes with the tools they need to maintain their peek performance and well-being.
"Focus-Directed Writing puts the power of healing into your own hands. The result is profound personal change."
- AUGUSTeN BURROUGHS
MAGNIFICENT TRANQUIL SETTING.
Five Foxes confidentially serves clients on the Connecticut shoreline — on the U.S. east coast. Conveniently located right off Route 95 and less than 2 hours from NYC – and easily accessible from Boston, Washington DC, Philadelphia – and Toronto! Only five clients are accepted at a time. Two weeks is the minimum stay; however, a four-week stay is required for trauma, substance abuse and/or psychiatrist services.
Program components that may be included in the Five Foxes retreat program:
- Comprehensive Assessment and Treatment Recommendations at Admission
- Private, Focus-Directed Writing sessions with Augusten Burroughs: Three 2-hour sessions per week plus office hours and Salon
- Psychiatric evaluation/medication evaluation/adjustment and medication management*
- CBT/DBT Therapy with Licensed Therapist Specialist: Two 60-minute individual sessions per week
- Trauma/EMDR & HeartMath Biofeedback training with Licensed Therapist Specialist: Two 90-minute sessions per week*
- Life | Professional Coaching with Certified Professional Coach: Two 60-minute sessions per week
- Substance Abuse/Addiction Counseling with Licensed Counselor Specialist: Two 60-min sessions per week*
- Mindfulness Meditation Training with Licensed Therapist Specialist: One 90-minute session per week
- Spirituality Exploration & Counseling: One-Two 60-minute sessions per week
- Nutritionist Consultation: One session
- Acupuncture: – Two sessions per week
- IV infusion therapies & Vitamin Injections: If needed
- Daily workouts and unlimited fitness classes available at the Privé Swiss luxury fitness studios, which include a private gym and infrared saunas, Pilates studio, and pool. Additional recreation outings may be scheduled
- Massage & Craniosacral Therapy: Two 60-minute sessions per week
- Yoga: Two Five Foxes Group sessions per week and one private session per week
- Private Suites all with large flat screen tv, wireless internet, housekeeping, fine linens, private chef
- Car with driver for off-site outing opportunities, visiting local villages, shopping, spa appointments, arts / cultural, beaches, etc.
“Augusten’s particular genius is built on lionhearted kindness. He has a masterful capacity to see with love. His perspective on everything makes life better.”
- TAYLOR SCHILLING
- TAYLOR SCHILLING
Augusten Burroughs, Hon. D.Litt, is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of eight memoirs including Running with Scissors and Dry. Over ten million copies of his books have been sold worldwide and his work has been translated into more than 30 languages. Augusten has been extensively profiled by nearly every major newspaper and magazine in the world including Time, Vanity Fair, People, Entertainment Weekly, Town & Country, USA Today, The Washington Post, The New York Times, The Guardian UK, The Los Angeles Times, The Boston Globe, and many more. He has appeared on numerous TV shows including The Today Show, CBS Mornings, CNN, Fox News, and The Dr. Phil Show. Augusten Burroughs lives in Connecticut.
Recover your greatness.
© 2022 Five Foxes Retreat, a Privé-Swiss Program. Focus-Directed Writing is a trademark of Augusten Burroughs